O’FALLON – The Centralia Orphans jumped out to an early lead and stopped a late game rally to beat O’Fallon 60-53 Saturday night.
Centralia built up a 33 to 27 halftime lead before O’Fallon got to within two points with just over three minutes left in the game.
Jerod Simmons-Young scored 22 points to lead the Orphans. Chase Alcorn had 14. O’Fallon was led by Donovan Franklin with 16 points and Darien McClain with 14.
The Orphans improve to 5-0. They play at Marion on Friday night.
Click here for a wrap of the game from Ryan Roddy…
HIGHLAND – The Salem Wildcats managed just four points in the second quarter and trailed by 25 at the halftime break as they fell on the road at Highland 71-44.
Chase Mercer and Donte Rush each finished with 9 to lead Salem who fell to 2-5 on the season. Joe Duncan had a game-high 23 for the Bulldogs.
Salem is back in action on Tuesday when they travel to Teutopolis.
In other Saturday action:
- Althoff 58 Mater Dei 53
- Cahokia 60 Sacred Heart Griffin 40
- Nashville 48 Columbia 30
- Breese Central 44 Triad 30
- Edwardsville 60 Collinsville 40
- Harrisburg 77 Gallatin County 51
- Mt Zion 100 Pana 57
- Terre Haute North, Ind. 65 Robinson 50
- Trenton Wesclin 70 Freeburg 66
- Flora 57 DuQuoin 32 (Duquoin TipOff)
- Vandalia 47 Hamilton County 30 (DuQuoin TipOff)
- Flora 70 Vandalia 44 (DuQuoin TipOff)
- Carlyle 47 Hillsboro 40 (Kaskaskian)
- Greenville 41 Hillsboro 33 (Kaskaskian)
- Lovejoy 62 Greenfield 60 (Kaskaskian)