• Ex-spouses still hospitalized as more info comes out on Vernon incident

    by  • August 30, 2013 • News

    Both parties remain hospitalized this morning, following a domestic incident Thursday between ex-spouses in Vernon that became violent.

    Marion County Sheriff Jerry DeVore says 30-year-old Heidi Thompson’s father took her to the Fayette County Hospital around 3:30 Thursday morning after her ex-husband allegedly struck her in the head with a baseball bat. She was ultimately airlifted to St. Louis University Hospital for treatment.

    Devore says Heidi’s ex-husband, 39-year-old Brian K. Thompson, was transported to St. Mary’s Good Samaritan Hospital in Centralia for treatment of what can be confirmed as a stab wound to the chest, reportedly suffered at the hands of his ex-wife. Deputies responding to a 9-1-1 call about the incident reportedly encountered Brian Thompson traveling southbound on Highway 51 at a high rate of speed, taking himself to the hospital. An ambulance was dispatched and transported him to St. Mary’s.

    Early reports indicate Thursday’s incident began when the two got into a domestic disagreement through text messaging.

    When Brian Thompson reportedly arrived at the home on Vine Street, Heidi Thompson allegedly came out of the home and began stabbing the tires on his vehicle with a pocket knife, while he is believed to have armed himself with a bat.

    A chase between the two ensued, with each ultimately suffering injuries believed at the hands of the other.

    Devore notes his deputies are continuing to investigate the incident, but at this time it is unclear what kind of charges may

    Court records indicate the two have been divorced since last summer, but it is unclear at this time who was living in at the home on Vine Street.

    Heidi Thompson was arrested a few years ago for allegedly stabbing Brian Thompson in the leg following another altercation. The couple was still married at that time and she ultimately was never charged.