• Heat causes anhydrous tank leaks in Woodlawn

    by  • September 10, 2013 • News

    Emergency crews were called out to Woodlawn on Saturday evening as the strong smell of anhydrous ammonia was in the air.

    A couple of tanks were leaking from the relief valves, due to the hot and humid weather. People were going into the Woodlawn Bar on Route 15 and complaining of eyes and throat discomfort, but no one needed an ambulance.

    The Woodlawn Fire Department was called out to take care of the problem.