• Electrical fire in Junction City home confined to small area

    by  • September 12, 2013 • News

    According to the Sandoval Fire Department, an electrical fire early Thursday morning was confined to a small area in the attic of a home in the 1300 block of South Harrison in Junction City. GETTY_E_12312_Fire

    Fire Chief Chad Parson says the resident had noticed power had gone out in a rear bedroom and he had heard a pop before he smelled smoke and called 9-1-1.

    Upon arrival, firefighters saw a small amount of smoke coming from a roof top vent. Odin firefighters provided mutual aide, and a hole was cut in the roof where a shorted wire was found in an electrical junction box.

    The smoldering fire had scorched some ceiling beams. Firefighters then shoveled out the blown in insulation to make sure the fire didn’t spread and turned off the electricity until the electrical problem could be investigated. Parson says no water was used and there was no damage to the living section of the home.

    The fire call came in at 3:50 Thursday morning. Firemen were on the scene for about an hour and 45 minutes.