FARINA – It was an exciting home opener, but in the end the South Central Cougars couldn’t overcome 28 points from Levi Maxey as St Elmo/Brownstown escaped with a 67-64 overtime win.
SC used a balanced attack with 4 in double figures. Evan Langley had 18 for the 0-2 Cougars. Dre Hill fouled out with 15 points, Brett Harmeier hit a trio of three-pointers to finish with 14 and Chase Riley added 11.
- Carlyle was dominant at times, and also struggled for stretches. But in the end, the Indians came away with a 55-38 season-opening win at home against Greenville.
- Patoka avenged their lone loss of the season by traveling to Odin and defeating the Eagles 64-59. Freshman Jered Cain had 18 for Patoka. Odin was lead by their senior Ike Margum with 13.
- The Salem Wildcats got 17 points from Nick Conklin and 11 more from Joe Tolliver, but couldn’t defeat Mascoutah falling 69-64. Trailing by 12 late in the game, Salem started a hectic comeback that saw the Cats cut the deficit to just 3 with 18.9 seconds to play, but that was as close as the 2-5 Cats would get.
- Altamont 71 Cumberland 36
- Pana 89 Central A&M 64
- Shelbyville 56 Windsor 51
- Casey Westfield 51 Terre Haute South 49